Truman Scholar Leadership Week
TSLW 2018 will be held from May 22 through May 27 at William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri. Scholars will participate in the following programs:
- Introductory sessions on "What it Means to be a Truman Scholar" and "Getting the Most out of the Truman Scholarship";
- Community service projects at local Kansas City nonprofits;
- Sessions on how to prepare for, select, and finance a graduate school education;
- Information on different paths to public service--including additional public service fellowship opportunities;
- A Graduate School and Public Service Fair, with attendees from top graduate school and service programs;
- Group policy projects, on a topic of interest to the Scholar, for presentation to a panel of experts;
- Interaction with practicing public servants - current and former educators, attorneys, public health practitioners, and advocates.
The week culminates in the Truman Scholar Awards Weekend. Family and Faculty Representatives are invited to attend the Saturday evening Awards Banquet, after-dinner events and Ice Cream Social, as well as the Sunday morning Awards Ceremony at the Harry S. Truman Library in Independence, Missouri and the Send-Off Barbecue on the William Jewell College Quad.
Information on dress, lodging and other general items.
Additional information on how to plan Scholar travel to TSLW. Visitors: Please see TSLW Visitor Information below.
This schedule is subject to change - but should give you some idea what to expect from TSLW.
TSLW Visitor Information
Additional information for Scholars and Visitors. Includes tentative schedule, directions and list of lodging.