Additional Scholar Benefits
- Duke University, Sanford School of Public Policy
- Georgetown University:
-- McCourt School of Public Policy (contingent upon satisfactory academic progress).
-- Walsh School of Foreign Service, M.S. in Foreign Service Program (contingent upon
satisfactory academic progress). Application fees waived for Truman Scholars.
-- The College of Arts and Sciences. Application fees waived for Truman Scholars.
- Harvard University, The John F. Kennedy School of Government (available for only up to five Truman Scholars in each academic year)
- Indiana University, The School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (see eligible programs and details here)
- University of Chicago, The Harris School of Public Policy Studies
- University of Michigan, The Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
- University of Texas, The Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs
The following programs have committed to 50% tuition, plus fee waivers for all applicants:
- New York University, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service (for up to two Truman Scholars in each academic year)
The following 12-month program has committed to matching the $22,500 Truman Scholarship* with a $22,500 award of its own:
- Brown University, The Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs
The following programs have indicated that all costs (beyond those covered by the $30,000 from the Foundation) will be covered by the institution for Truman Scholars:
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Princeton University, The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
- Syracuse University, The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- The University of Massachusetts School of Law - Dartmouth
The following program commits to working with each Truman Scholar individually to make up the difference between tuition costs and Truman funding:
- Yale University, Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
The following program has indicated that Truman Scholars are guaranteed a full-tuition award for up to two years in on-campus graduate programs:
- Arizona State University, Graduate College (see announcement and details here)
The following program has indicated that Truman Scholars who are accepted and attend are guaranteed a minimum of $30,000/year for non-Virginia residents and $20,000/year for Virginia residents in scholarship support:
- University of Virginia, Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
The following program has indicated that Truman Scholars who are accepted and attend will have their scholarship augmented by a fellowship award package valued at over $50,000 for out-of-state students over the course of two years. They will be eligible for in-state tuition and a living stipend estimated at $15,000 over two years:
- University of Washington, Evans School of Public Policy and Governance
In addition, Truman Scholars admitted to the Pepperdine School of Public Policy will receive the benefits of the Pepperdine Policy Partners Program (P4).
*The maximum amount an individual can receive from the Truman Foundation is $22,500 for a 12-month graduate program.