From the Executive Secretary
To: Truman Faculty Representatives
Subject: Notes on the 2015 Truman Scholarship Competition
Welcome to the new Truman.gov! We are pleased to bring you a new, user-friendly site that will help you to navigate the 2015 competition. Please be assured that we plan to conduct the same transparent, thoughtful selection process that we hope you have come to expect from the Truman Foundation. The substance of the application has not changed. Our criteria for selection has not changed. The advice and guidance that we provide to you and to your candidates has not changed.
We have, however, added the following features:
- A new searchable database that allows you to look up past Scholars by name, year of selection, state of selection or institution;
- A website that operates across all browsers and devices (yes, you can view the site on an ipad - but please don't suggest students complete the application that way!);
- An application that is compatible with all browsers;
- A new 'dashboard' page that allows you to access all your materials (student applications, your profile and helpful links) all in one place; and,
- The much-requested "Send to Foundation" button at the end of the application process.
Temporary log-in credentials were sent to all registered Faculty Reps this past summer, by July 25, 2014. To access our on-line application, please log-in to the website. You will be directed to your dashboard page and can begin a student application by clicking the link on the right hand side. If you did not receive log-in credentials this summer, please contact us.
A few final reminders:
Registration of Nominees: You must register a student before he/she can access the online application. To register a student, you must supply his or her email. Once you have done so, the system will send the student an email with login credentials.
Guidance for Faculty Reps: The For Faculty Reps section of our website offers guidance from the Foundation on the application process as well as observations and advice from your colleagues.
E-mail information service exclusively for Truman Faculty Representatives: If you have questions on the competition or the types of candidates sought, contact Tara Yglesias. [Please do not invite candidates to contact the Foundation directly.]
Guidance for candidates: Candidates should consult the For Candidates section of the Foundation's website.
Application Deadline and Notification of Finalists: The Foundation must receive completed applications by Feburary 3, 2015. The list of Finalists and instructions for the interview will be posted on the Foundation's website by 6:00pm EST, February 27, 2015.